• December 15, 2017, 06:20:38 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Forum/Membership Maintenance: last completed on Monday 9th November 2015

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]   Go Down

Author Topic: KMA Boxing.  (Read 67095 times)

greenkma.

• Junior Vent Member
    • KMA Boxing Australia
Re: KMA Boxing.
« Reply #300 on: February 23, 2017, 09:15:53 PM »

Michael Katsidis v Josh King 11.03.17

World renown Lightweight boxer and former two time WBO Interim title holder Michael Katsidis returns to Boxing Australia on March 11 headlining TGW Smithy’s Promotion in Brisbane, Australia. Teamed up with long time trainer Brendan Smith has proved great success for Katsidis boxing career, always ready to take on the best earned them the grand opportunity of fighting Juan Manuel Marquez for the WBO and WBA Super Lightweight titles at the MGM Grand Las Vegas USA, November 2010.

Katsidis has been busted up, locked up and left broken hearted chasing world titles, one fight from eight-division world champion Manny Pacquiao, Katsidis was rocked by the sudden death of his brother Brisbane jockey Stathi Katsidis, one month before the biggest fight of his boxing career choosing to box on he dropped boxing icon Marquez in round three delivering the Mexican champion a shock knockdown. Not one to back down from a challenge Katsidis once again gave the fans a fight worth watching, trading heavy handed blows over nine rounds Marquez winning by a technical knockout retaining the WBO WBA titles and the right to a second bout against Manny Pacquiao in 2011.

Katsidis The Great’ 31.7.0 is a great representation of boxing in Australia, a tough pressure fighter he’s been in many bloodied world title battles, fighting his way through the lightweight division winning the Interim WBO World Lightweight title at the Wembley Arena London in Feb 2007 going on to defend the title in Nevada USA against Czar Amonsot. The fight critiqued for fight of the year, Katsidis winning a unanimous decision over twelve explosive rounds, two warriors testing their strength and skills in a jaw dropping battle with heavy fisted blows bringing the history of hard knocks back to boxing.

After a two year absence from the ring and speculation surrounding his health our title tooting world boomerang returns to Toowoomba, Queensland proudly representing TGW Smithy’s Promotions in a fight close to home honouring brother Brayd  ‘The Great White’ Smith and offering fellow state challenger Josh King 20.4.0 the opportunity to fight at top of the Australia Super Lightweight division. King returns after a fifteen month layoff, his last fight against Katsidis UK foe Ricky Burns in Nov 2015 suffering his second knockout loss in round eleven gaining risky boxing experience needed when chasing the world titles.

Read More...

http://www.kmaboxing.org/

greenkma.

• Junior Vent Member
    • KMA Boxing Australia
« Reply #301 on: April 30, 2017, 04:39:32 PM »

Manny Pacquiao v Jeff Horn, Brisbane Promotion 26.04.17

Manny Pacquiao is in Australia meeting the man Bob Arum from Top Rank Promotions chose for his next fight, no it’s not Amir Khan in Dubai, it’s undefeated Australian Welterweight Campion and World Boxing Organisation number two Jeff Horn in Queensland, Australia at Brisbane Suncorp Stadium July 2.

After months of negotiations Duco Events in conjunction with the Queensland government secured a fight with Philippines senator and eight division world champion Manny Pacquiao in one of the biggest stadiums Pacquiao has boxed at seating up to 55,000 people. Pacquiao has mentioned in his many interviews he wants the fans to be happy with the fight, styles make fights Horn being the perfect choice for Pacquiao at this stage of his boxing career.

Manny Pacquiao’s record reads like a bible, full of scripture and a journey taken by a holy man on a mission, an intimidating record of fifty-nine wins, eleven world titles in eight divisions, once a diamond in the rough fighting his way out of poverty today boxing royalty and elite world boxing entity. Promoted by Top Rank CEO Bob Arum, Muhammad Ali’s long-time promoter, a historian of 51 years in the business with a selective eye for fresh boxing prowess, something trainer and manager Glen Rushton has gauged since Horn walked in to his gym.

The name Jeff Horn is starting to turn heads in the world of boxing, how some may ask, through hard work, determination, guts and glory leaving no stone unturned in his preparation for the biggest fight of his career the WBO World Welterweight title against a man people give him little chance of beating. With fifteen professional wins on his record, the London Olympic athlete believes he has the skills to cause an upset against the experienced aggressive southpaw. 

Brisbane boxer Jeff Horn caught the attention of USA promoter Bob Arum Dec 2016 on the undercard of Joseph Parker and Andy Ruiz for the vacant WBO World Heavyweight title. Dean Lonergan of Duco Events, New Zealand set the platform and Horn delivered an astonishing round six knockout over two-time former welterweight champion Ali Funeka, a convincing win landing him the opportunity to fight world boxing legend Manny Pacquiao on home soil. 

greenkma.

• Junior Vent Member
    • KMA Boxing Australia
« Reply #302 on: May 26, 2017, 10:41:07 AM »

If you are interested in a good competitive fight tune in to Fox Channel 506 Sunday morning at 5am or record for a relaxing Sunday arvo watching the fights.

greenkma.

• Junior Vent Member
    • KMA Boxing Australia
« Reply #303 on: June 16, 2017, 11:02:45 PM »

Shannon O'Connell v Marcela Acuna 17.06.17

Australia WBC Silver Super Bantamweight champion Shannon O'Connell lands in Argentina, fist ready, for the fight of a life time challenging Argentines number one and reigning Super Bantamweight champion Marcela Acuna at Caseros, Buerios Aires for the IBF World Super Bantamweight title on June 17. This is a fight not to be missed, International boxing queens Marcela Eliana Acuna and Shannon 'Shotgun' O'Connell two female boxers combative in their quest to fight the best, great ambassadors for women's boxing worldwide, professional athletes in one of the toughest sports fathered by the one and only, greatest of all time.

Argentine national boxing icon Marcela Acuna has a big following, veteran of the ring at forty years of age with an impressive record of forty-five wins, nineteen by knockout and current IBF Super Bantamweight champion. Confident with 20 years experience, dominating the division a well groomed fighter born to fight from a young age, Acuna is a black belt Tigress of Martial Arts putting her stamp on professional boxing in 1997 achievimg six world titles in two weight divisions, she's the pride of Argentina's boxing, proving age is only a number when it comes to a sport you are born to compete in. 

Australian Shannon O'Connell has a stamp of her own, signing to fight on foreign ground against a seasoned skilled opponent, a young gun boxer thats been tearing her way through the division hunting down world titles landing in Acunas backyard ready to rumble. O'Connell made the hard decision of missing out on fighting in one of Australia's biggest boxing events Battle of Brisbane WBO Welterweight title between Manny Pacquiao and Jeff Horn, estimated to be a crowd of 60,000, trading it in for her shot at the IBF super bantamweight title eyes firmly set on prying the prestigious title from the clutches of crowd favourite Marcela Eliana Acuna.

Shannon O'Connell is a great representation and inspiration fighting all that's been put before her, taking risks and making important decisions, twenty fights into her professional career with fifteen wins letting everyone know she is here and here to stay. Fighting the majority of her bouts away from home O'Connell stepped up in weight, two years after her professional debut in 2011 heading to South Korea for the WBA featherweight title. Unsuccessful and hungry it didn't take long for her to agree to the next opportunity to fight for the WBF featherweight title in South Africa, this time successful winning by knockout in the seventh round, both contests against undefeated opponents. Not one to shy away from the odds stacked up against her she accepted a fight with USA based fellow Australian champion and former WIBA world super featherweight champion Diana Prazak in 2014 suffering a techniacal knockout in round five.

"Shannon is one of the best fighters I've ever trained and probably one of the best fighters I ever will train. She's the complete package. She's got the mongrel, she's got the determination, she's got the toughness and she's got the skill to go with it to hit the top"

Words from the man by her side trainer Luke Meldon the man O'Connell trusts with her life inside the ring, a bond and trust essential when you have hit the top. Preparation for the fight has been disruptive with the passing of Shannon's grandfather two weeks before taking flight to Argentina, a fight that was originally penned for July 2 on the Pacquiao v Horn card but due to Acuna's reluctance to fight away from home and come Down Under, O'Connell is forced to fight the champion in the one sided fan based stadium, forever proud to represent her grass roots is sure to inspire the fire inside one of the most primed dedicated boxers of Australia.

Team O'Connell have a strong home base supported by Hosking Promotions, Fortitude Boxing and Duco Events a close team she calls family, a pure devoted boxer with superior resilience to be admired by all who know her work ethic and dedication to a sport she bleeds and lives for. Punching her way through battles in life and in the ring, never giving up led her to the shores of New Zealand winning a critical fight impressing Top Rank CEO and Manny Pacquiao promoter Bob Arum landing her in the position she's in today, guaranteed a crowd pleasing fight ready to give it her all and do what she takes great pride in.

greenkma.

• Junior Vent Member
    • KMA Boxing Australia
« Reply #304 on: July 01, 2017, 09:20:20 PM »

JEFF HORN V MANNY PACQUIAO 02.07.17

Sunday July 2 Brisbane, Australia will host the largest boxing event to an estimated crowd of 55,000 at Suncorp Stadium for the highly anticipated Battle of Brisbane. Boxing sensation Jeff Horn takes on boxing legend Manny Pacquiao for the WBO World Welterweight title, a unique fight brought to you by world boxing leaders Top Rank USA and Duco Events New Zealand.

WBO number one welterweight contender Jeff Horn (16.0.1) has earned the grand opportunity to show the world boxing organisations he's ready to be their champion and where better to do it than in front of your home crowd. Competing at an International level against former world title challengers and champions steadily climbing the ladder world rankings caught the attention of the right people at the right time, delivering an impressive knockout win December last year over former IBO world welterweight champion Ali Funeka in front of Pacquiao's long-time promoter Bob Arum in New Zealand sealed the deal and got the ball rolling for negotiations to begin. Some may say who is Ali Funeka, who is Sung-Yul Lee...

Read More

https://www.kmaboxing.org/

greenkma.

• Junior Vent Member
    • KMA Boxing Australia
« Reply #305 on: October 13, 2017, 09:05:39 AM »

Brisbane Convention Centre 14.10.17

The sunny city of Brisbane, in Queensland Australia is home to recently crowned WBO World Welterweight Champion Jeff Horn, an inspiration to all who follow boxing in Australia. A man of his word Horn became number one July this year sending shock waves around the world claiming the prestigious title from ten time world champion Manny Pacquiao at Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane. The event is the largest to be held in Australia 55,000 people attending, promoted by Duco Events and historian world boxing promoter Bob Arum the event praised a great success for the Pacific and Boxing Australia. Horn was pencilled in as the underdog from Down Under in the lead up to the world televised fight but now, is the WBO Welterweight Champion of the world, he went from being bullied at school to bullying Pacquiao around the ring winning the biggest fight of his professional boxing career so far. 

A great success story, one that DDP Sports Management leaders Danny Dimas and Paul Keegan are keen to work towards promoting their first boxing event this Saturday at Brisbane Convention and Entertainment Centre with a big night of fights lined up. The fight of the night between Irish born WBO Oriental Super Welterweight Dennis Hogan ( 25.1.1 ) and skilled southpaw boxer Yuki Nonaka ( 31.8.3 )  from Japan is the title eliminator Hogan has his eyes and fists firmly set on, confident of the getting the win and one step closer to fighting for a world title. Boxing under the guidance of  Jeff Horns manager and trainer Glenn Rushton, Hogan is in prime condition physically and mentally to get the job done in front of the Brisvegas crowd. Hogan has trained in Australia for the last five years representing his two home countries, boxing on many promotional nights travelling to places seeking all he can squeeze out the sport landing him in Germany 2015 challenging home town favourite Jack Culcay ( 20.1.0 ) for the interim WBA super welterweight title a journey of love and loss, a loss that won Hogan world level experience and knowledge he takes in to the ring this Saturday night.

The undercard is a great lead up to the main event with two respected and highly ranked boxers heading back in to the ring after injuries. Former heavyweight champion Alex Leapai ( 30.7.3 ) makes his return to the ring after semi retirement working on body, mind and soul training with a renewed vision of boxing his way back to the top of world heavyweight division he once dominated. Leapai talks of the fire that burns within, a fire that has burned over 45kg during his much loved training for his return to the ring and his fight back to the top. Alex 'Lionheart' Leapai reached the goal many world contenders dream of under the guidance of Noel Thornberry fighting the best of the best landing them in  Oberhausen, Germany 2014 facing then undisputed heavyweight world champion Wladimir 'Dr Steelhammer' Klitschko returning home defeated but also a champion, becoming the first Australian heavyweight to fight for a world title in 106 years.

Also on the undercard Rohan Murdock ( 19.1.0 ) a strong contender in the super middleweight division once holding a world ranking he was the boxer to watch and still is. His professional boxing career was put on a hold due to injuries and unfortunate promotions falling through. Life can force you to take a step back but like Murdock if you push back harder you can find yourself in the prime position to accomplish what is before you. DDP Promotions have granted Team Murdock the opportunity to work their magic come Saturday night, this fight will be a kick-start to bigger things watched on by world champion Jeff Horn and influential people of the boxing industry.

greenkma.

• Junior Vent Member
    • KMA Boxing Australia
« Reply #306 on: October 13, 2017, 09:12:05 AM »

It's Time - Biggest show of the year is here...

It doesn't come any bigger than this. Tonight's massive Big Time Boxing show LIVE from 7pm.

Featuring Australia's hottest talent, including world ranked Blake Caparello, George Kambosis, Joel Brunker and Susie Ramadan. Joel Camilleri vs Yao Yi Ma threatens to steal the limelight in a mouthwatering match-up for the Victorian title. Plus some of the countries hottest emerging talent... 
11 fights, LIVE from 7pm tonight. This will be an absolute cracker...

Click on the poster below for the full card link from Boxrec.com

www.livecombatsports.com.au 

greenkma.

• Junior Vent Member
    • KMA Boxing Australia
« Reply #307 on: October 16, 2017, 11:56:39 AM »

MY STORY

May 2006 my brother asked me if I was going to watch the Danny Green & Mundine fight, I'd seen the promtions on the news and sport so I thought why not it looks like it's going to be a good fight. I knew sweet FA about boxing let alone the science behind it, Danny had the same last name as us Mundine was rude and mouthy so I went for the Green Machine, he lost but something stuck with me I got hooked. Being a stay at home mum of two was my heart and pride but I needed something for me so I set some time aside to look in to the world of boxing and stumbled upon MMG a promotional company for fighters providing worldwide news coverage for a few websites I sent an email on the May 15, 2007 and received a return email on May 31  by June 5, 2007 I had my first two contacts Jeff Fenech and Stuart Duncan, I had no clue who Stuart Duncan was. Fast forward 10 years Stuart Duncan is the matchmaker for Duco Events matching the fights for the biggest boxing event to be held in Australia the Jeff Horn v Manny Pacquiao fight.

10 Years yes 10 bloody years I have been researching and writing about our Australian boxers. I took a leap of faith and jumped on a plane to Victoria August 17, 2007 was my first fight night I met Victorian promoter Keith Ellis, Tracey Griffith from Snap Happy Photography and I went along to the Dallas Brooks Hall in East Melbourne for the night of fights. Keith was great and looked after us letting us pick where we wanted to sit and giving Tracey free range to take her photos. We met up with Keith the following day for an interview for KMA at Sam Greco's cafe in West Melbourne, Sam and Keith were very welcoming and helpful I walked away thinking wow I could really enjoy doing this fulltime.

Looking forward I started a Freelance Journalism course October 15, 2007 by this time I had spoken to Jeff Fenech, Angelo DiCarlo, Phillip Holiday, Jeff Malcolm, Brad Vocale, Sam Greco, Jimmy Young, Jimmy Brown, Chris McCullen, Mark Wilson, Justin Manolikos, Jamie Myer, Leslie McCarthy from Boxing Action UK website who I ended up writing for on the recommendation of Curtis McCormick. Yes I got hand balled from here to there but as I've said all along I've got broad shoulders, confident, believe in myself and listened to my mothers advice of "don't worry about what people think of you, you know what is true". With a bit of direction from Keith I chose a couple of promotions in November 2007 to attend and asked Curtis to organise a media pass for Nov 2 a Myer Productions event http://boxrec.com/en/event/535173 and Nov 30th  Ace Boxing Promotions event http://boxrec.com/en/event/532873. little did I know the importance of the Heavyweight fight I was about to watch Alex Leapai v Nathan Briggs for the OPBF Heavyweight title, Alex demolished Briggs by knockout round 8.

"I have many stories to tell but this is one of my most memorable when I arrived at the Ace Boxing event I got my wrist ban media pass to sit ringside I went up to meet Angelo and ask where I was to sit he said the only seat left was with the ringcard girls so I went for a little walk around watched a fight in the standing area then went back to the seating area and bumped in to Angelo's son Nathan who was kind enough to point me to a vacant table with a couple of seats. Now happily seated and watching the fights a young lady came up and started chatting to me, I told her I was there to do an article for boxingactionuk she encouraged me to go in to the ring and take a couple of photos, I did, her husband also joined us at the table Jeff Malcolm (now that I think about it, it was most probably their table). The auctions came on so I headed to the ladies in the general admission area as I walked through the fully packed crowd I noticed the LIONHEART shirts some people were wearing on my return back through the crowd a lady raised her hand and clipped my lip she quickly apologised, I looked at all the Lionheart supporters and asked what they were doing on this side of the room, they should be on the other side then went back to where I was seated.  By the time Alex's fight started there was a few more Lionheart shirts in the seating area, one guy asking to use the spare seat I had my bag on I happily gave him the seat".
This was only meant to be a short story but 10 years is a loooooooooooooooooooong time so lets fast forward to April 26, 2014 the Alex Leapai v Wladimir Klitschko fight in Germany the first Australian in 106 years to fight for the then undisputed world Heavyweight title, I interviewed Alex before he flew to Germany for the biggest fight of his boxing career, I little cry during the interview don't ask me why but it was a very emotional interview. I sat with his dad while Grantlee Kieza interviewed him for the courier mail, we watched Alex spar Razvan Cojanu, got some group photos taken then Alex left to take his dad to a doctors appointment.

I have used my time and money to create KMA it has taken me on an amazing journey of blood, sweat and tears I don't attend many fight nights because of time and the cost. So when you get invited to an event for a first time boxing promoters show from the matchmaker and he does a no show leaving you ALONE in the foyer of the Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre it doesn't make you feel very good, it hurts you right in the middle of your tiny, little sensitive heart especially when the boxer you have stood by for over 10 years makes his return to the ring.

I am telling my story because I have put my heart and soul in to KMA Boxing Australia, I have been through alot to keep it going. I am a mother of two teenage children who have pretty much been on this journey with me, they were my inspiration to step out of my comfort zone and push myself to achieve something of a high standard. I have made it this far with the help of my family and a  few people Tracey Griffith, Mick Bannister, Keith Ellis, Stuart Duncan, Noel Thornberry and the generosity of many people in Boxing Australia it hasn't been easy, I have been made fun of in boxing forums Brian Kirwan to name one and many others under false names but I kept going. I found a website that took my work seriously http://www.spleenvent.com and didn't ridicule me if I made a mistake (like we all do, you read them online and in the papers all the time) it was a comfort zone for me to show my support for many Australian boxers Daniel Geale, Michael Katsidis, Lenny Zappavigna, Lucas Browne, Jeff Horn, Sam Soliman, Danny Green, Jake Carr, Shannon O'Connell, Blake Caparello, Damien Hooper and more.

When I started out on this journey in Boxing Australia a well respected former three time world champion told me I am doing a great job supporting our boxers, "they need as much support as they can get" I believe I have done that, I have given as much as I can when I can.  https://www.kmaboxing.org/

Daemon

• Senior Vent Member
« Reply #308 on: October 17, 2017, 11:15:11 PM »

Good shit. Enjoyed the read.

greenkma.

• Junior Vent Member
    • KMA Boxing Australia
« Reply #309 on: October 18, 2017, 10:11:33 AM »

Glad you enjoyed it and still show an interest in KMA.

greenkma.

• Junior Vent Member
    • KMA Boxing Australia
« Reply #310 on: December 13, 2017, 10:13:19 AM »

BATTLE OF BRISBANE 2 is on Fox Sports 507 @ 4:10pm
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]   Go Up