• December 14, 2017, 04:30:00 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Forum/Membership Maintenance: last completed on Monday 9th November 2015

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chris Laycock Corrupt Blue Gang member  (Read 7466 times)

Hothead

  • Guest
Chris Laycock Corrupt Blue Gang member
« on: August 09, 2010, 11:33:16 AM »





Get on with it ... even the accused corrupt cop wants to be charged after two years in limbo. Source: The Daily Telegraph
TWO years ago he was paraded around as NSW Police's most corrupt officer – yet former Detective-Sergeant Chris Laycock remains free with not one charge levelled against him.
The situation has reached the surreal point that even the man accused of some of the worst corruption crimes since the Wood royal commission is himself questioning why he has not been charged.
But, in a series of interviews with The Daily Telegraph, Laycock has revealed he intends to defend any charges should they ever come to fruition.
"I'm surprised I haven't been charged yet," he said.
"I'm trying to get on with my life but all these allegations keep hanging over me.
"They've been hanging over me for two years."
Laycock, 35, said he had a right to defend the accusations and claimed he had been left in no-man's land since the explosive Police Integrity Commission public hearings between October 2004 and January last year.
The allegations against him stretch across 10 pages in the final report of the PIC's Operation Cobalt.
The commission called for him to be charged over 12 corruption and perjury matters with the recommendations forwarded to the office of the Director of Public Prosecutions last December.
A spokeswoman for the PIC yesterday said the commission was still awaiting a response from the DPP.
"It's generally the DPP that would handle the prosecution," she said.
The DPP could not be contacted yesterday.
The PIC spokeswoman would not comment on the possibility the extended period for which the DPP has had the Laycock matter indicated there were holes in the PIC's investigation.
While Laycock says the PIC has overstated his role in corruption between 1996 and 2004, Operation Cobalt found he had confessed on the stand to:
TAKING $3900 for tipping off a man suspected of being part of an organised child pornography network who was about to be raided;
TAKING money to fix a jury in 2001;
ACCEPTING $3000 from a man suspected of a murder in 2003; and
STEALING $23,500 in a break-in on a Burwood restaurateur's home on December 4, 2003.
Laycock is also alleged to have assisted in the planning of the abduction of an Asian woman involved with a crime syndicate which would be used to extort money from her.
However, all his admissions made on the stand in the PIC were under what is termed "objection" and therefore cannot be used against him in court.
The PIC served Laycock with a summons on the day it was to occur September 28, 2004 to head it off the kidnapping.
He was sacked from the force on November 15 that year.
And Laycock revealed he has been out of work for most of the past two years with the publicity surrounding his case making him virtually unemployable.
One of Laycock's alleged cohorts in the corruption enterprises, former policeman Christopher John Walker, was sentenced to six months home detention in November when he was convicted of being in contempt of the PIC.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up