• September 20, 2017, 03:11:01 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Forum/Membership Maintenance: last completed on Monday 9th November 2015

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Largest petition in SA history  (Read 2500 times)

Mork

• Full Vent Member
  • Freedom is not Free
Largest petition in SA history
« on: September 10, 2015, 03:40:15 PM »

The Repat sleepout crew have handed in the largest petition in South Australian history...does this mean anything to the out of touch government...probably not. To quote a former pollie "unrepresentative swill".
"Apathy is the glove into which evil slips its hand."
....Bodie Thoene.

Prickle

• Forum Moderator
  • Legendary Vent Member
Re: Largest petition in SA history
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 04:56:59 PM »

Yes it is and uit is fantastic, but and there is always a but as you well know, the 64,000 dollar question is, will it make a difference will these gentlemen servicemen get what they and all those people that have signed want

will the politicians do what their constituents demand and have shown by signing this petition
or will all this be ignored

as ive heard and please correct me if im wrong, they have already oped up the new repatriation department elsewhere
SINNERS MCC Brisbane Australia
“Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.”

Mork

• Full Vent Member
  • Freedom is not Free
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 01:37:15 PM »

https://twitter.com/9NewsAdel/status/642896102358937600/photo/1

I believe they have split up the services across several sites mate. As you can see from the link above the boys have packed up after 160 nights on the steps, legends. I am led to believe that when the petition was handed up the other day, the largest petition  in SA history, it was dismissed by the government. I read comments from several people that apparently even if the opposition won the next election they could do nothing to save the Repat as the land has already been sold. Very disappointing for all involved and a true show of what our elected reps really think of public opinion.
....Bodie Thoene.

Mork

• Full Vent Member
  • Freedom is not Free
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2015, 01:42:43 PM »

A bit of a correction to the above, I just spoke to Gibbo who has been on the steps the whole time and he said the petition will be put up by the opposition to be debated and they should know something in the next three weeks. It is not totally over...the boys are headed back to the Tattoo Club for a well deserved beer the first in 161 days for some...
....Bodie Thoene.

Prickle

• Forum Moderator
  • Legendary Vent Member
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2015, 01:57:41 PM »

Thanks for the updates and facts Mork appreciate it Buddy  ;)

Prickle

• Forum Moderator
  • Legendary Vent Member
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2015, 07:10:37 AM »

The lates from the Save The Repat - Veterans and Supporters Sleepout Protest Page

Well, 161 Days, 120000 Signatures and we have left the Steps!
Even though it was anticipated, it was still a bitter/sweet departure. Going home at last, but leaving so many of our new friends behind.
The man with the two walking sticks, struggling morning and night, to and from work, up and down the hill, a serious ordeal for him, yet greets us cheerfully each time, the lady with the seemingly insurmountable problems, that still has the time to say good morning each day, the mother and daughter that sound the horn of their Daihatsu every morning on their way to school, and the list goes on!
But it was time. We accomplished what we set out to do! We woke up the people of South Australia to the fact that we do not have to be dictated to by an uncaring Government on issues that are close to the hearts, minds and rights of us all! Through persistence, tenacity and the truth the people have rallied to create the largest petition in the history of South Australian politics. We were instrumental in uniting the opposition parties in forming the Select Committee into "Transforming Health" with a priority on the Repatriation General Hospital and the Veterans and farmers will now carry the baton to continue the campaign using the sculptures along Port Wakefield Road in our "Save The Repat" endeavor!
We will continue our Rallies and Marches on the Steps each Monday!
We must now allow the democratic process to follow its natural course. On 24 Sep., the Opposition Leader will speak to the Petition in the Lower House. At some time after that it will be debated. After the debate, it will be voted on. We need to wait for the outcome of the vote!
To the Government, I say this, it is a very brave Government that dares deny the will of the people!! Denying the will of the people makes you nothing more than Dictators! Be very careful! We are ready and willing to take you to task!

Mork

• Full Vent Member
  • Freedom is not Free
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2015, 09:33:42 PM »

Those who read my article on this in Ozbike will know that our new PM, Malcolm Turnbull, actually signed this petition...Daktari has reminded him of this.
....Bodie Thoene.

Chops

• Big Kahuna
  • Legendary Vent Member
  • Proud to be a Weirdo !
    • Dirty Love Magazine
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2015, 04:04:04 PM »

Those who read my article on this in Ozbike will know that our new PM, Malcolm Turnbull, actually signed this petition...Daktari has reminded him of this.

Sorry mate.. stopped reading that junk mag years ago..  :o
OLD AND DIRTY IS MY THING
Dirty Love Magazine - Choppers, Classics, Kustoms - www.dirtylovemagazine.com.au
Dirty Love Kustom Cycle Show - www.dirtyloveshow.com.au
Chops's Place - www.chopssplace.com.au
Pages: [1]   Go Up