• December 13, 2017, 11:12:05 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Forum/Membership Maintenance: last completed on Monday 9th November 2015

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New article 30/3/13  (Read 10605 times)

Mork

• Full Vent Member
  • Freedom is not Free
New article 30/3/13
« on: March 30, 2013, 09:20:27 AM »

Latest offering....

http://www.theissue.com.au/?p=1555

Hopefully up on the FREE website soon too...
"Apathy is the glove into which evil slips its hand."
....Bodie Thoene.

johnfiredup

• Junior Vent Member
Re: New article 30/3/13
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 09:36:24 AM »

well written mate
'Never interupt your enemy while he's making a mistake'.  Napoleon

Dragon Man

• Full Vent Member
  • They call me Ken
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 03:58:37 PM »

Well said Mork!
Cheers, KEN -
If you don't act Mad, you go Mad!

swampy

• Vent Newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 03:13:17 PM »

well written

Wombat

• Junior Vent Member
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 05:12:17 PM »

+1 Well said.
Arte et Marte

deano

• Vent Newbie
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 09:01:48 PM »

keep up the good work mork.

almost too old/Barra

• Senior Vent Member
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 09:10:07 AM »

Great read Keep up the great work
Patiance and persaverance will piss a hole in a brick wall : Fight the crime not the lifestyle

cheffie

• Vent Newbie
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2013, 09:48:00 AM »

In this my 50th year I  find myself worst of that Iíve ever been financially  due to all the Bullshit taxes, regulations , fees red tape and even fines the government have imposed on me over the last 32 years, that  Iíve been working and voting.
I was raised to be a working class man and vote labor I must admit that under the Howard liberal government things rally started to look good for a while but that  bubble burst.
The is no real choice as the two current major parties share  the same bureaucratic spin doctors who promise lots and deliver so little, once in power. 
Curiosity got me to look at the newest player and political party Palmer United Party [PUP]  I went to the launch  last Sunday  27th in Brisbane and saw a nervous rugby league legend in Glen  Ďthe brick with eyes ď Lazarus and even more nervous candidate for  my electorate Blair reading speechs so obviously written for then as they lacked any real substance just few new thoughts. Then in walked big clive palmer and he was a different sort of politician spoke of what he knew and of his vision for change.  He came across a a likable bloke a real Aussie at last   he reminded me a lot of what Bob Hawke was like before the spin doctors turned him into a puppet.    I actually left the building thing maybe just maybe thereís hope for Australia. 
Iíve vote in previous  elections for Labor ,Liberal , One Nation,  Katter Australia  and even for independents but sadily the game is stacked for the party machines I know how hard it can be to win and election .  Iím  thinking ď what the hell?Ē  cant really be any worst off and a business man who is self made may be our last hope in my lifetime of leaving the Australia we all want for our kids and grandkids 
Avoid the media bullshit as they write to much of what there told to write if get the chance join up as I did  go see the man, listen,  to what heís saying and think can I do something to change the country  I love so much before the current crop destroy it for all time ?  One person can make a difference if we join forces
One biker is smallest thing on the roads,  but a pack can become the largest!
159 years ago a small band of rebellious blokes had had enough of the government of the day and fought to give birth to this nation is there any sprite of the eureka left in this country the current government may have taken our guns but we can still stick it to them with our votes as itís all we still have so use them before they take that too

Prickle

• Forum Moderator
  • Legendary Vent Member
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2013, 10:15:27 AM »

Would love to use my vote but for whom to vote for
even Palmer with all his good ideas is at the mercy of the vote

who are his parties preferences, what i see is he will take alot of vote from the Libs which could mean labor to remain in power

The Australia we all would like to see has long gone, to much power given to the ones that abuse it, and it continues every day and we read it on here from the papers and still is anything being done to stop it apart from a few words. The words of politicians and there myriads of scribes push there own agendas as a politician a couple of weeks backs in the Qld parliament stated they are all there to write legislation and laws to punish the people.

The sheeple are to busy doing what they need to do to keep a roof over them and food on the table and at the end of the day we have what we have and we  have to make the most of what we have before more is gone

we cant even get people that say they love motorcycles & Lifestyle and are all so called brothers and sisters what a croc they wont stand united against anything, to much talking the fucking talk and not enough walking the walk.

SINNERS MCC Brisbane Australia
ďTalk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.Ē

cliffy

• Junior Vent Member
  • cliffy
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2013, 11:58:23 AM »

well done
FTW

almost too old/Barra

• Senior Vent Member
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2013, 12:08:40 PM »

Great sentiment and I agree with it .I have tried the go it alone  in local Government but all you get is a lot of verbal support but when it comes to the crunch it's all talk .
Just maybe this disgracefull murder in England will shake up the sheeple that are sitting back and allowing things to happen around you will not stop radical groups from taking over your country .And no I don't think that that is a racial comment I would like to hear Mr Palmers view on this.
Patiance and persaverance will piss a hole in a brick wall : Fight the crime not the lifestyle

Mork

• Full Vent Member
  • Freedom is not Free
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2013, 03:26:35 PM »

I read a pretty good article on the two major parties the other day, can't remember who wrote it.

It was along the lines of the sameness of labor and liberal these days and how they spend most of their time focussing on remaining in power and bagging the other side.

So much for governing the country properly.

At the Queensland election last year I voted for the Katter party. I had a read of what they had to say and decided they had the most in common with me. I lived in Redcliffe at the time and you Queenslanders know how the elected member, Scott Driscoll of the LNP has turned out.

At the last SA state election I voted for me...not that I really expected much but I was there to put out info on the crap that the labor government there had been spruiking. Every other party put me last on their how to vote cards, every one of them. The sitting member, a liberal, won. If I had not been running I probably would have voted for him myself. He is a decent, local bloke with an interest in the area. The most disappointing thing about that, besides the fact that informal got more votes than me, was the amount of rusted on labor and green voters there were. Neither of them even bothered to put in any effort yet still attracted thousands of votes. What a fucken waste of a vote...I vote for them because I always do.

I have no idea who to vote for on September 14 this year. I really can't tell you who is running in my area and I want to know what they are thinking and what they represent before I tick that box. Like Prickle says, I also want to know where their preferences run. This preferential voting is a dirty fucken business and the parties all sell their souls for preferences.

FREE is not federal but even if they were I would have another look at who was running and re-visit their policies before ticking that box too. I don't agree with everything the party stands for, nor should I, but they are still the only party with a voice on freedom of association. The reason I got involved when I did.

Check out your local candidates, do a bit of research on the parties, make an informed vote after all in a democracy you get the government you deserve....even if we are voting for the lesser of the evils.
....Bodie Thoene.

angry

• Legendary Vent Member
  • 1% 13.
    • Angry's Motorcycle Worx
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2013, 09:20:32 AM »

i dunno but i reckon a big part of the problem is the compulsory vote, people vote for the first tick of the box, cant be bothered, or go for the biggest smile, whatever. if the vote was made non compulsory, then only the thinkers and watchers would vote, those that actually take an interest and have a genuine care about who runs the show, the other problem is the vote sharing crap, 1 vote should equal 1 vote, if you vote for someone , then that vote stays there, not shared in preferences etc. the whole system needs a shake up, its heavily stacked in favour of the big 2.
"Like us or hate us, you better get used to us".  you can get much more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone. ........Al Capone.

El Diablo

• Senior Vent Member
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2013, 11:41:03 AM »

i dunno but i reckon a big part of the problem is the compulsory vote, people vote for the first tick of the box, cant be bothered, or go for the biggest smile, whatever. if the vote was made non compulsory, then only the thinkers and watchers would vote, those that actually take an interest and have a genuine care about who runs the show, the other problem is the vote sharing crap, 1 vote should equal 1 vote, if you vote for someone , then that vote stays there, not shared in preferences etc. the whole system needs a shake up, its heavily stacked in favour of the big 2.

Couldnt agree more ... i cant believe the number of people at my work who just tick a box and thats it ANYONE  ??? But talking to them they do understand the SYSTEM and see no point in casting a vote the way it is presently structured ... bloody sad ... i reverse vote ... my first vote is for the worst candidate which i place at the bottom and tapers up ...  :-\
Forever Two Wheels

Mork

• Full Vent Member
  • Freedom is not Free
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2013, 09:20:26 AM »

El Diablo that is a pretty good method. Put the shit at the bottom and work your way up.

Preferences do remain a problem, like Angry said one vote is not one vote.
....Bodie Thoene.
Pages: [1]   Go Up